Peachtree Heights East
Peachtree Heights East was the project of Eretus "Petie" Rivers, a railroad man turned real estate developer for whom E. Rivers School on Peachtree Battle Parkway is named. Along with Frank C. Owens, president of the Southern Land Co., Rivers bought a tract of "wooded, wild land" from Leontine Chisolm Andrews in 1906. It was bounded on the south by a dirt road that is now Lindbergh Drive. Another dirt road became Brookwood Drive and divided the property into two sections, Peachtree Heights and E. Rivers Subdivision. Peachtree Heights extended from Peachtree Road to Brookwood Drive and was laid out in 1908. The E. Rivers section was laid out in 1920 between Brookwood on the west and the creek east of Acorn Avenue, according to neighborhood historian, Bill Bell.
Search Peachtree Heights East Homes for Sale
Last updated on Jul 16, 2018 11:33:am.